Saturday 1 January 2011

House Style

After researching many magazines I have noticed that most of them tend to use the colour red in their house style. This is why I have decided not to use the colour red in my magazine and replace it with the colour purple. This is because it is suitable for both sexes and will make my magazine stand out from all the other magazines on the shelf. To accompany the colour purple I have also chosen to use the colours black, white and grey because I feel that when they are combined they fit in nicely with my chosen genre for my magazine (indie, rock).
I have also chosen some fonts I want to use in my house style and they are:


However this doesn’t mean that everything in my magazine has to be in one of these four fonts. I plan on using some variety of fonts and colours on my double page spread in order to make it more interesting but I shall still follow most of the house style, only to ensure my magazine looks profession. I’m hoping that after using the same colours and fonts in my magazine people will be able to look at just one page and will be able to recognise it as a page from Tuneage!

No comments:

Post a Comment